A European Fintech technology product firm is recruiting a Software Architect in Ho Chi Minh city, reporting to Head of Product Architect in Europe. Solutions are used in the front office of retail banks, wealth managers and insurers. They scale across mobile and browser and provide the full suite of tools Advisors need to engage clients and transact business. The company counts a number of tier 1 international banks and insurers as clients. They also have a long-time presence in Asia.
Responsible for architectural design and documentation of new software or extensive software revisions for product components. The ideal applicant will be able to participate in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. Serves as the top level technical expert by creating high-level architectural specifications and addressing problems of product design.
- Understand product vision and business needs to define product requirements and product architectural solutions.
- Consult business management team to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified products.
- Performs research on the potential project feasibility to management and translate them into design improvements
- Provide architectural blueprints to our IT team
- Define product validation policies so as to deliver products that meet system and product expectations
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Assist technical team with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience designing and building software applications
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Experience is SOA and API oriented solutions
- Experience working on complex software projects
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Knowledge of object oriented programs, SQL, web application development, security and open source technologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be organised, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities