A global insurance company is actively searching for a Principle Software Developer focused on developing and deploying IT application services in the public cloud, providing technology services and support to businesses in 15 countries around the world.
In this position, you will be responsible for delivering IT services that allow for self-service, secure, automated consumption for the public cloud (primarily AWS) to be leveraged by infrastructure and application teams globally. This will include working with teams around the world to gather requirements, develop and maintain the capabilities, and explain how to use the solutions.
As a Principal Software Developer you will provide technology solutions that are easily maintainable and flexible while aligning to strategic technical direction. You will work with team members from multiple functions in multiple locations, in a highly collaborative fast paced environment. This role will primarily consist of software development for IT services, while giving the opportunity to coach junior developers to deliver the solutions while identifying opportunities to continuously improve.
- Contribute to the deployment of solutions that allow operations infrastructure and application teams to consume AWS cloud services through automation and self-serve capabilities.
- Provide extensive support and direction toward research of new tools and products in the marketplace to support software development services, and provide guidance on technology selection.
- Work with team members globally to design, develop, test, deliver, and maintain the IT Shared Services application portfolio for the global customer base.
- Align with all stakeholders – all infrastructure and application teams, security teams, and leads on the Public Cloud Delivery team – to ensure the right solutions are being delivered that can be easily consumed.
- Document processes in order for solutions to be easily consumed by a global user base. Help to communicate and train developers and administrators on how to effectively use the tools in the IT application portfolio.
- Contribute to regular sprint planning sessions, quarterly, and annual planning cycles.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support adoption of the security services, processes, and tools as part of the CI/CD tool chain.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally 5 - 8+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with agile software methodology, and test driven development
- Experience with deploying, supporting and using CI/CD tools and practices in a public cloud environment.
- Skilled negotiation, collaboration, prioritization, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Skilled oral and written communication; presentation skills.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive knowledge of design and development tools.
- Proficient in multiple programming language and related tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, Architectures and technical standards, Traditional IT infrastructure & public cloud services, Software development concepts and processes, Agile software development concepts and processes, New and emerging technologies, Business function(s), operations, objectives and strategies.
- Competency with consultative skills, including the ability to understand customer requirements, and making recommendations for design, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.