A global software company is recruiting a General Director in Ho Chi Minh. You will be responsible for the delivery of business solutions within scope, on time, on budget and meeting appropriate performance and quality requirements. You will work closely with senior management to determine executables, and to drive the Vietnam Development team of developers and technical project managers to deliver software products, services and systems, as well as customer requested customizations. You will be a legal representative person and responsible for driving the development of the Vietnam team in both technique and culture. Successful candidates will be responsible for assembling project teams, overseeing development, engineering and architecture, assigning project related tasks, developing project schedules, and communicating project status and metrics to stakeholders and clients.
- In a cost-effective manner, oversees and manages the research and development planning, administration and operations of a rapidly growing “software-as-a-service” (“SaaS”) security company
- Delivery of business solutions within scope, on time, on budget and meeting the appropriate performance and quality requirements
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting progress to stakeholders and to manage stakeholder expectations, project risks and issues
- Providing leadership, management, mentoring and hands-on support to a development team of 80 or more developers while working efficiently and effectively with internal partners
- Promoting teamwork and cooperation to achieve objectives
- Improving the effectiveness of the organization by developing and implementing new processes and automating tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, other relevant engineering field or business
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of senior management experience (Director or above)
- Very strong leadership skills
- Experience in leading development of large-scale and cross-platform enterprise applications
- Demonstrated success in effectively communicating at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated successful time management, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and work with a culturally diverse population
- Powerful problem-solving, risk assessment and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience of leading software development teams with more than 50 resources
- Hands-on experience working with modern development technologies.
- Proficiency in all phases of SDLC
- Proficiency in at least one of the popular programming language: Java, C#, C++, Python, Go
- Strong knowledge in OOP and common design patterns
- Hands-on experience with system architecture and design. Experience with formal design languages and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with microservices architecture
- Experience in scalable database systems, including both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in development of SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Experience in cloud architecture is an advantage
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development processes, preferably Agile Scrum
- Knowledge and experience in the cybersecurity domain is a big plus.