A multinational IT services company is recruiting a Country Manager in Ho Chi Minh to lead the country business operations. The job requires proven sales track record and strong background in IT sales, particularly with experience in direct sales and managing large corporate accounts. The person must also be able to lead channel sales team, achieve revenue by implementing business strategies effectively, and will have business relationship management, sales & marketing duties and people development experience as well as the ability to create, manage and develop top level customer and industry relationships.
- To lead the entire local business operations with full P&L responsibility and help build a team of dedicated sales executives and support staff.
- To maintain existing good business relationships with key clients and business partners, and to develop new business opportunities in vertical solutions.
- Have sales and marketing duties and function to concentrate on strategic market/new business development initiatives.
- To spearhead the growth & development of the local offices by representing the company at the highest level.
- To provide leadership and direction to ensure it achieves its profitability and growth objectives according to the financial budgets and plans.
- To direct the activities of the sales team, identify key areas of growth, provide and ensure customer satisfaction and act as a liaison with Corporate office for field and management based activities.
- To develop significant high level relationships with potential business partner and corporate enterprise accounts etc
- To raise significantly the company visibility in the respective local countries.
- To grow both profit and revenue in the short to medium term in order to establish a position of market leadership.
- To provide closer engagement relationship with our Global Account Management team to develop strategies and support in the Global Accounts.
- To face significant challenges in terms of the business dynamics in the information technology industry, understands role in the region.
- To meet the challenges of working in a complex market, which will require a unique blend of management skills and product requirements to achieve the goals for her/his line of business.
- To provide additional focus to management team morale and develop leadership skills.
- To maintain and enhance customer satisfaction, as well as employee satisfaction programs.
- To regulate expense management leading to accelerated and predictable earnings growth.
- To perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
As this is a key position, the ideal candidate should have a good standing in the local IT industry and excellent relationships with high level corporate figures in IT industry. The candidate should also have a proven sales track record and strong background in solutions selling, preferably with experience in direct corporate accounts, sector sales and channels sales management. The person must be able to manage a sales team, achieve revenue, develop staff and implement business strategy effectively and will have business relationship management, sales & marketing duties and people development experience. Sales and marketing of total solutions at the data enterprise wide level will be favoured. Strong background and understanding of financial management is needed.
The person would likely to have over 10 years experience in SI/IT and/or a technology-related industry with a minimum of 5 years experience at the management decision making level. It is a requirement that the candidates should have good knowledge of the local SI/IT industry, its players and trends and good contacts within the upper circle of key decision makers. The candidate must also be used to matrix reporting with strong leadership skills.
Candidate should be a self-starter who is capable, reliable and competent and would be a highly results-oriented individual who thrives in a high-pressure environment. Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills plus strong problem solving and teamwork skills to ensure total customer satisfaction is a must. Candidates who demonstrate core values as honesty & integrity, teamwork, respect for people, professionalism and openness are sought after.
- Strong, fundamental understanding of the enterprise technology industries and emerging technologies
- Very strong background in running profit and loss operations
- Experience in merging and developing company cultures.
- Preferably experience in (or with) IT Consulting or Systems Integrator
- Exemplary track record in sales and business development
- Demonstrated skills as a consensus developer and team builder
- Strong industry networks with proven ability to leverage personal knowledge and company strength in the region
- Effective negotiator based on business fundamentals and common sense
- Exudes self sufficiency, has an entrepreneurial spirit and charisma
- Delegates well and empowers his/her people - giving them space
- Has an ability to spot trends and also issues before they become obvious
- Stays close to customer and business
- Is an excellent leader, encouraging teamwork and is also a team player
- Is an outstanding business developer
- Has a very good sense of time and discipline
- Communicates upward feedback very well
- Has a demonstrated ability in recruiting, building and developing high-performance teams
- Has an ability to create a sense of accountability
- Has an obvious ability to manage and leverage political/customer and internal constituencies
- Has first rate personal networking skills with customers and industry
- Has outstanding business acumen and prioritisation skills
- Has an excellent opportunity assessment/resource allocation focus
- Is a coach, integrator, facilitator and real motivator of talent within the region
- Has a broad business base with plenty of energy and enthusiasm