A global technology company is recruiting a Business Development Manager in Hanoi. This role is responsible for achieving all sales and revenue goals for an assigned territory by developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with customers and partners. The role is on career path to be Vietnam Country Manager.
- Achieve and exceed revenue targets on a quarterly basis in a rapidly changing and highly competitive marketplace.
- Focused on achievement of sales strategies and targets through targeting key clients in the Large Enterprise commercial sector, identifying key decision makers and leverage opportunities to promote and sell products and services.
- Drive revenue generation and deliver significant value to clients through identifying opportunities within clients' organizations, and gaining an in-depth understanding of client needs
- Leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision-making process, and overcomes objections to capture new business opportunities
- Effectively build and optimize long term, sustainable and profitable relationships with clients
- Identify opportunities, present and sell products and services which are key for clients' success
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Provides training to customers and partners regarding software publisher contracts and optimal usage of agreements post-mortem. Facilitates all communications, order processing, and reporting of customer and partner transactions in territory
- Evaluates software contract spend and utilization in a given organization. Must be able to optimize spending patterns, technology usage, and implementation strategies. High level of knowledge of internal organization workings, Information Technology trends.
- Develops strong knowledge of leading industry trends such as electronic commerce, spend management, and technology initiatives by developing proactive professional relationships with software publisher representatives in assigned territory.
- Be the field resource to customers and partners for leading industry volume license offerings from top publishers.
- Submits accurate and timely forecasts that are aligned with assigned sales quotas. Forecast sales revenue on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Provides leadership and licensing knowledge to customers, maintains appropriate presence in the software industry community.
- Generates opportunities for meetings with key decision makers to drive sales process.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university preferred
- 5 to 7 years professional sales experience in high-tech or service-related industry with preferred successful software sales / software licensing experience
- Experience in Solution Selling with emphasis on strong account/territory management
- Experienced selling into large enterprise customers
- Demonstrated experience in selling enterprise software products/services/solutions is a strong advantage
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with C-level executives
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking, time management skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team sales environment with minimum supervision
- Travel 60%
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sales certification exams passed such as MCP, VSP, and SAM preferred.