A global technology company is recruiting a Senior Sales Manager in HCM city. This role will be focused around sales into Commercial / Commercial Enterprise accounts. You will need solid IT solution sales experience of 10+ years, and an excellent sales track record. The role is reporting to Regional Manager in Singapore.
- Sales / Account Management activity in the allocated territory, working appropriately with relevant resources / Channels / Alliances eco-system, in close conjunction and with the agreement of the Country Managing Director
- Prospecting and the development of new accounts and/or new opportunities within existing accounts.
- A Strategy to maximise coverage of the overall Territory through effective use of all company eco-system
- The service and development of named assigned sales accounts and the development of good Personal and business-based relationships within those accounts.
- Balance between short-term gain and long-term growth for all opportunities and initiatives to achieve/exceed preset sales targets (product revenue and Services as defined in the compensation plan) and increase market share.
- All proposals, risk analysis and cost/benefit analysis for opportunities within allocated territory.
- General Liaison between thecompany, partners and the customer for the escalation process of delivery and pricing issues
- Document and execute Territory, Account and Opportunity Plans in the required format demonstrating a strong understanding of the customer's business issues, and relating them to business initiatives, corresponding IT initiatives and company solutions which address those needs.
- Develops a contact network within the account(s) and channel partners to enable business to be run effectively.
- Develops and supports Channel initiatives and corporate programs in allocated territory.
- Work closely with, and establish engagement between, functional areas such as Marketing, Sales Engineers, Solution Business Managers, Legal, Finance and other Lines of Business as necessary, to develop and execute a solution strategy to meet customer business needs.
- Develop successful sales campaigns that maximize company advantages and win rate.
- The market and industry to identify new business opportunities in key segments or customer base.
- Equip yourself as a “trusted advisor” and cultivate executive level relationships by monitoring the following:
- The company Industry, marketplace, competitive position and the associated value propositions that exist in the present environment
- The customer’s industry, competitive position and related business issues that can be addressed by the differentiated capabilities that the company offer.
- Proactively communicate and provide regular updates regarding transactional business, changes, and current and future business opportunities within the assigned account to the Country Managing Director.
- Ensure that any major changes or events that impact the opportunities within assigned Account(s) are regularly reviewed and the appropriate changes or updates are made to the Territory, Account and Opportunity Plans.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly forecasts with a monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly pipeline perspective. Ensure that gaps between current position and goal are proactively and regularly assessed and strategies and tactics are developed to address gaps.
- Ensure all business and technical risks are effectively managed to ensure customer satisfaction is never compromised.
- Setup Success Criteria that is relevant to the customer’s goals and implementation and monitor the success of all implementations. Measure and provide relevant information for customer reference stories.
- Provide leadership and direction to all resources in the extended team to improve efficiencies in both the pre-sale and post-sale activities within the assigned Account(s).
- Work closely with and understand the capabilities of the company eco-system to build the business case and coverage strategy for solutions into your assigned territory.
- Support Channel initiatives and corporate programs in allocated territory.
- Where appropriate maintain contact with eco-system resources throughout the delivery cycle and ensure that any developing issues are addressed.
- Update and maintain all account information and activity in the CRM. In addition, ensure that changes made to Account and Opportunity Plans are reflected in the versions that are stored within the CRM environment.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience and proven track record in a sales capacity, to organisations that utilise Information Technology, Software, Hardware, Solutions and associated Services, as a major component of their business model
- Selling experience of more than 10 years in the IT industry (HCMC)
- Has a strong Network of Customers in Commercial Enterprise sector, especially relating to Manufacturing, Resources, Media, Healthcare, Telco Service Providers, BFSI.
- Has a strong Network of Strategic Partners focused in Commercial / Commercial Enterprise Accounts
- Experience in the management of business relationships with customers in a customer-facing role;
- A relevant Degree OR equivalent work experience
- Proven track records in selling within a complex selling environment and an average sales cycle of at least 6 months.
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills in English.
- Outstanding organization, and time management skills
- Possess solid business acumen and the ability to present and negotiate as well as build rapport with customers and partners.
- Strong business acumen on tactical and strategic level.
- An outgoing, personable and organized person with a strong will to succeed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment. An ability to relate business issues to IT initiatives
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented. Must possess superior interpersonal and email communications skills and computer skills necessary to develop professional proposals via Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, prospective customers and partners.
- Knowledge of current IT trends and sales practices in the Information Technology industry.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity.