A global technology company is recruiting a Business Systems Analyst in Hanoi city. The job is to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user business requirements.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
- Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
- Reports and reviews testing results.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science or Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree desirable.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Business Analyst implementing business processes of Deposit, Lending and General Ledger projects in the banking and financial industry.
- Knowledge of financial services industry.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.