A foreign invested telecom service firm is recruiting an Oracle Database Administrator to join the team in Hanoi. As a DBA, you will support of the various application development teams through advising on design, implementing solutions and optimizing databases for the applications.
- Provide support for database standardization programs from design, development and implementation
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of DBMS environment
- Provide production support and work on building the database infrastructure
- Provide dataase security, monitoring, tuning management
- Manage various OS and database specific upgrades on Linux/UNIX environment
- Bachelor’s Degree ranging from mathematics, statistics, and computer science to business administration, economics or finance.
- 4-5 years of experience as an Oracle DBA (with both operational and application support experience) on Linux-based platforms
- Ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence in time pressure environment and situations
- Knowledge of Other DBMS is encouraged
- Expertise on database design, SQL performance tuning and all aspects of high-value add applications database support
- Excellent communication skills to partner with app developers (including the confidence & ability to influence and promote database solutions).
- Excellent analytical skills in understanding issues and devising specific database solutions