A global software company is recruiting a Software Architect in Ho Chi Minh. The job is to build the next generation platform features that support the cloud platform strategy. The ideal candidates will thrive in an Agile work environment requiring strong problem solving skills, clean coding, team collaboration and open communication. The successful candidate will work on designing and coding platform and feature components with a team of local engineers. Candidate responsibilities will span the software development lifecycle, including writing design documentation, coding, unit testing, integration testing, debugging and troubleshooting, supporting customers, and maintenance. You will be responsible for improving the software development process of a dynamic team.
- Design complex platform and feature components with a team of local engineers.
- Hands-on experience of listed technologies & engineering practices against a roadmap that supports the Absolute cloud platform strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in writing clean code. Preferably Java coding.
- Proven work experience in Test Automation and strategy.
- Author software architecture and design documents
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and remote co-workers, mentor and coach
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum teams to continuously improve
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Hands-on technical experience in Ansible, Git, and Jenkins
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, Microservice
- 7+ years of Java EE development
- 7+ years of working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA framework
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL)
- 4+ years with Message Orientated Middleware
- Experience in an Agile development environment including writing unit tests
architecture and multi-threaded application development
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial – so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
- Proficiency in all phases of SDLC
- Proficiency in at least one of the popular programming language: Java, C#, C++, Python, Go
- Strong knowledge in OOP and common design patterns
- Hands-on experience with system architecture and design. Experience with formal design languages and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with microservices architecture
- Experience in scalable database systems, including both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in development of SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Experience in cloud architecture is an advantage
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development processes, preferably Agile Scrum
- Knowledge and experience in the cybersecurity domain is a big plus.