How to create your own brand image in the mindset of the interviewers is critical to propel your career forward. The purpose of this guide is to provide you step-by-step actions to get you through a successful interview.
Step 1 - Before the interview
Success is where preparation and opportunity meet. Here is the good news that you have an opportunity for an interview, the rest is preparation. The more you get prepared, the more likely you are confident to secure the job.
- Get and double check the interview information details such as the date and time, the location, the transportation and the parking place.
- Get exact name and title of the interviewer and go through his profile detail on Linkedin or Facebook. TECHSPACES often provides comprehensive interviewer profiles across the interview stages.
- Research about the company such as core business, main products and customers, aggressive competitors, market position. Surf the company website and call a friend who knows about the company will be a comprehensive source of information.
- Review the job description and note the key success factors required for the job and prepare a pitch showing how you can add values to those critical requirements.
- Review your CV and know exactly what you write on it. It will be awkward if you tell something that not consistent to what you put on your CV.
- Prepare few questions for the interviewers that get you more insights and leverage your strengths.
- Prepare to dress professionally. In any case, wearing casual clothes need to be avoided.
Step 2 - During the interview
- Convey an air of confidence and enthusiasm for the job along with sure answers to whatever questions may be asked.
- Your answer should consist of education, relevant achievements, goals, and qualifications. Focus on how you can add value to the company.
- Express your understanding of the job requirements and explain how you feel you will benefit the company.
- It is vital to remain calm, appear confident, and keep positive. One way to do this is to maintain eye contact at all times.
- Address questions directly, concisely, and with relevant information.
- If you want to appear friendly with the interviewer, It's best to remain professional and address only questions asked.
- To convey confidence and interest is through body language. Sit straight up, speak slowly and clearly. The more confidence you have in yourself, the more confidence the interviewer will have in your abilities.
Step 3 - After the interview
Write a thank you note to the interviewers. You can use below template and customize it.
Dear ,Thank you for the opportunity to interview with your company on <the interview date>. I am very interested in the <position you are applying> we have discussed.My recent experience as a <your current job> where I developed <your key strengths> skills has well prepared me for <position you are applying>. I enjoy the challenge of <position key challenges>. I am especially interested in <good things about the position>. I would enjoy the opportunity to contribute to <the company name> .I look forward to hearing from you soon. If you need any additional information, feel free to contact me at <your mobile number> or <your email>. Thank you again for your time.Sincerely,<your name and signature>